Building Success by Training Teachers in DBT Skills!
Presenter: Nina Kaweblum, Malkey Wallerstein
Course Length: 3 Hours
This workshop Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
1. Overview of the concept of "Consulting Parenting" (consulting with parents before and during course of providing therapy for children) and how that concept can be carried over to school personnel.
2. Overview of research regarding relationships between skills training and resilience, and how it can positively impact EQ and future mental health. Overview of various social emotional programs and school based skills training programs, especially DBT in Schools.
3. Nina Kaweblum will present her model of how she adapted DBT in Schools Curriculum for grades K-12, and adaptations for different grade levels.
4. Malkey Wallerstein will present various options for therapists to provide support to teachers and school support staff in order to generalize skills in the school environment for greater impact and long term effectiveness.
5. Role plays will be offered to attendees to provide examples of using DBT concepts in school settings, e.g. dialectics, non-judgemental language, validation, DEAR MAN, etc.
6. Q & A