Q. What browser is recommended to view webinars?
Q. The video does not start. How do I start the Stream?
A. Click the play button (the triangle) that is in the middle of the video player
Q. I completed the webinar but cannot find my certificate.
A. Click on the link at the bottom of the video player where it says “Get your certificate”. The certificates can also be found in the workshops and certificates pages on your account
Q. Will my regulatory bodies accept the certificate provided for continued education credits?
A. The certificates provided are accepted by most regulatory bodies. Please see the list of provided certificates on the bottom of each webinar page. Make sure that you are aware of your states and disciplines regulations to ensure that you chose the correct certificate. If you need assistance with this, Please feel free to email.
Q. I can not be present at the time of the live presentation. Will I be able to access it at a later time?
A. If you are not able to view the webinar when it streams live, you may use the link to watch it at your convenience. All webinar recordings become available on the website about 24 hours after they stream live.
Q. How much time do I have to view the webinar?
A. You are allotted enough time to watch the webinar one time plus enough time to review most of the webinar a second time. If for some reason you run out of time, do not worry, just reach out to us on the contact page.
Q. I purchased the webinar but am now being asked to pay again. How can I access the webinar?
A. You will need to login in order to access the webinar, you can do so by clicking on the “login to access it now” button. You can also access your webinars from your account page by selecting the Workshops tab.
Building Success by Training Teachers in DBT Skills!
Presenter: Nina Kaweblum, Malkey Wallerstein
Course Length: 3 Hours
This webinar offers 3 Continuing Education Hours
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
1. Overview of the concept of "Consulting Parenting" (consulting with parents before and during course of providing therapy for children) and how that concept can be carried over to school personnel.
2. Overview of research regarding relationships between skills training and resilience, and how it can positively impact EQ and future mental health. Overview of various social emotional programs and school based skills training programs, especially DBT in Schools.
3. Nina Kaweblum will present her model of how she adapted DBT in Schools Curriculum for grades K-12, and adaptations for different grade levels.
4. Malkey Wallerstein will present various options for therapists to provide support to teachers and school support staff in order to generalize skills in the school environment for greater impact and long term effectiveness.
5. Role plays will be offered to attendees to provide examples of using DBT concepts in school settings, e.g. dialectics, non-judgemental language, validation, DEAR MAN, etc.
6. Q & A