Telehealth Ethics for Today and For the Future:
Creating an A+ Online Practice! 3 CE Credits
Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 1:45 PM EST
Presenter: Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
These workshops offer 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
3 CE Credits - Ethics, 3 CE Contact Hours
Have you suddenly found yourself seeing clients through your computer screen without having had training to be in this positions? Get a comprehensive understanding of the ins and outs of Telehealth, your responsibilities to your clients and their responsibilities to the relationship. learning the ethical requirements of Telehealth as well as how to achieve benefits for you as the therapist and for the people you are seeing through the computer.
2. HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules (15 minutes)
• Connection to Telehealth
• Keeping Telehealth Secure
• Protecting ePHI and the therapist.
• Why you shouldn’t use SMS, Skype or email for
3. Changes that came and went with Covid (30 minutes)
• What is the new normal
• How do we know what are responsibility is based on
license, location of client and therapist, and State.
• What personal risk management plans do we have?
4. Setting up for Telehealth (10 minutes)
• Lights, Monitor, Camera, Connections, Eye support
• Choosing a platform with BAA
• Client and therapist set up responsibilities
5. Responsibilities and what to be aware of During the
Telehealth Session (30 minutes)
• Initial vs on-going sessions
• What’s being seen on screen
• Online Disinhibition Effects
• American Telemedicine Association’s advice
• Video – What to do or not do in Video session
6. Things to do After the Session
• Self- Care
7. Differences in Intrastate, Interstate, and International
provisions (20 minutes)
• What are the laws?
• What is the culture and how does it differ from mine?
• What’s the support culture?
8. Reviewing the parts of Telehealth as per American
Psychological Association (15 minutes)
9. Wellness/Isolation Well-Being checklist (10 minutes)
10. Sharing forms
11. Questions and Answers